Skip to main content

12/9/2021

 Paxton had a HUGE day. He was able to lift his right leg on his own while laying in bed and he is starting to get his voice back! I understood him when he said “ice cream”, so of course we went and got him some. The therapists and doctors are amazed at his progress today. He’s in great spirits and I think he can finally see things will get better. I think today is the first day I only cried happy tears a s zero sad tears. Fingers crossed tomorrow is much like today.

The gaming specialist made it in today and helped Paxton get an adaptive remote for theXbox. It’s so cool that he can play with only his left hand. He is super excited for Brandon to come tomorrow so they can play. 

We are continuing to decorate his room for Christmas. We decided we want it to look like Buddy the Elf lives here. His grandparents sent him a super cute bouquet of flowers shaped like a dog in a red chimney vase. Fits our current decor perfectly. Paxton even got his picture taken with a therapy dog in elf gear. We love all the dog visits here.

Brandon’s cousin Anna sent be me a tea kettle and travel mug. It’s so nice not to go to parent lounge all the time.

Tomorrow, Paxton’s school is holding a “Paxton Brown Day” fundraiser. We are so fortunate for our Boulder Family. His teacher, Mrs. Steffes, and the principal, Mr. Venner, check on us frequently which has been so kind and very much appreciated.

Bray is beyond excited for the weekend. We are so thankful for everyone helping out and distracting him a little.

Thanks for all the support and love. 

Janell




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paxton’s First Health Update

 I’m hoping to use this page for anyone who want to track Paxton’s health progress. I am not great about getting back to everyone’s calls and texts, but I appreciate them more than I can tell you. On Monday, November 29, Paxton came home from school looking and feeling great. Within a half hour of being home he started to panic because he couldn’t talk. I instantly noticed the right side of his body starting to give out. We immediately called 911 and were taken to the ER where he was evaluated by the stroke team. He was diagnosed with a large brain bleed on the left side. We were med flighted to Denver and taken to the PICU. Thankfully, he remained conscious and breathing on his own.  Many (and I mean a lot) of doctors and specialists examined him and ran multiple tests. All we know is that he had a stroke (from the bleed) and it is centered over the part of his brain that produces speech. Yesterday, we were cleared to leave the PICU and were transferred to the in-patient reha...

Deep Breaths

 We got all the pre op testing and appointments done. We check in at 5:30 AM and surgery starts at 7:30. They expect the procedure to take 8-9 hours. A nurse from the OR should call us about every hour with updates. He will end up with a titanium plate and screws and a decent incision. He was excited to hear that he will have titanium in his body (he apparently knows a lot about it and educated me). After all his appointments, we went to the zoo. It was a gorgeous day and we wanted the fresh air. Brandon is having plane problems and still isn’t here. Fingers crossed he will get to Denver around 11 tonight. It’s been a long day for him, too. Bray got a surprise care package from Kacie, Daniel, Amanda, Milty, Mike, and Lindsey. He also got to hang out with some of his favorite pups while hanging with Kacie. Tonight he will most likely stay up too late watching movies with Uncle Kevin. Thanks to literally all of you. So many people have reached out and we are so lucky to have all of y...

Making Progress

 About 15 minutes ago I was on the phone with my cousin Amanda, and Pax started to get excited and showed me he could lift the upper part of his arm! He was trying so hatrd, his teeth were clenched and his face was red but he did it! He also got to say “hi” and “I love you” to his cousins Eva and Nellie. His day started off with another migraine, but we were able to get it under control by 10:30. He then got his feeding tube out. 🎉 He’s on a 3 day strict calorie count and if he can get enough calories and fluid in, we can keep it out. I caught him taking selfies with his ipad after it was removed. So exciting. After working so hard at therapy, we went for our daily ice cream. This definitely helps with the calories!  Paxton receive care packages from his friend, Ethan and his family, his friend Cooper, The Menascos, and his grandparents. He is definitely feeling loved. I was able to get out and walk today. The wind was freezing but the fresh air felt good. I’m so grateful to ...