Skip to main content

Merry Christmas

 Our Christmas looked a little different than we had pictured a month ago, but I’m so thankful for the day we had. Bray was allowed on the floor for a visit again today, we had cinnamon rolls for breakfast, opened gifts from Santa, and other Christmas gifts that were sent here. We took Bray on a tour of the hospital and hung out in Paxton’s room.







After our visit, Bray and Brandon got packed up to leave in the morning. I can’t believe our weekend is almost over. 😢 Tonight I’m hanging out with Braylon at the hotel. We are watching football and relaxing. 

A nurse spilled the beans tonight saying they are moving our discharge date up since Pax is doing so well. We should have a new projected date at our meeting on Tuesday. Our current discharge date is February 8. We obviously want to come home earlier, but also know this is the best place Pax can be for this crucial recovery period. We trust the judgement of our medical team.

I hope everyone had a good holiday weekend. We are beyond blessed to have all of you in our lives. We are so grateful to have Paxton with us this Christmas healing. We love you all. Merry Christmas. 

Janell

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paxton’s First Health Update

 I’m hoping to use this page for anyone who want to track Paxton’s health progress. I am not great about getting back to everyone’s calls and texts, but I appreciate them more than I can tell you. On Monday, November 29, Paxton came home from school looking and feeling great. Within a half hour of being home he started to panic because he couldn’t talk. I instantly noticed the right side of his body starting to give out. We immediately called 911 and were taken to the ER where he was evaluated by the stroke team. He was diagnosed with a large brain bleed on the left side. We were med flighted to Denver and taken to the PICU. Thankfully, he remained conscious and breathing on his own.  Many (and I mean a lot) of doctors and specialists examined him and ran multiple tests. All we know is that he had a stroke (from the bleed) and it is centered over the part of his brain that produces speech. Yesterday, we were cleared to leave the PICU and were transferred to the in-patient reha...

Deep Breaths

 We got all the pre op testing and appointments done. We check in at 5:30 AM and surgery starts at 7:30. They expect the procedure to take 8-9 hours. A nurse from the OR should call us about every hour with updates. He will end up with a titanium plate and screws and a decent incision. He was excited to hear that he will have titanium in his body (he apparently knows a lot about it and educated me). After all his appointments, we went to the zoo. It was a gorgeous day and we wanted the fresh air. Brandon is having plane problems and still isn’t here. Fingers crossed he will get to Denver around 11 tonight. It’s been a long day for him, too. Bray got a surprise care package from Kacie, Daniel, Amanda, Milty, Mike, and Lindsey. He also got to hang out with some of his favorite pups while hanging with Kacie. Tonight he will most likely stay up too late watching movies with Uncle Kevin. Thanks to literally all of you. So many people have reached out and we are so lucky to have all of y...

Making Progress

 About 15 minutes ago I was on the phone with my cousin Amanda, and Pax started to get excited and showed me he could lift the upper part of his arm! He was trying so hatrd, his teeth were clenched and his face was red but he did it! He also got to say “hi” and “I love you” to his cousins Eva and Nellie. His day started off with another migraine, but we were able to get it under control by 10:30. He then got his feeding tube out. 🎉 He’s on a 3 day strict calorie count and if he can get enough calories and fluid in, we can keep it out. I caught him taking selfies with his ipad after it was removed. So exciting. After working so hard at therapy, we went for our daily ice cream. This definitely helps with the calories!  Paxton receive care packages from his friend, Ethan and his family, his friend Cooper, The Menascos, and his grandparents. He is definitely feeling loved. I was able to get out and walk today. The wind was freezing but the fresh air felt good. I’m so grateful to ...