Skip to main content

Progressing Everyday

 The doctors and therapists continue to be amazed by Paxton. The can’t relate his MRI pictures to how he looks clinically. His hemorrhage was very large and will take at least another month until we can actually see what’s under there and find the potential cause.

Pax is super interested in learning about his stroke and the effects of different parts of the brain. They have printed out a bunch of his images from the MRI to explain it to him. He loves looking at all the different views. He said I could share one of these images so people could see what happened. He also hopes it helps everyone understand why he speaks differently and walks a little uneven. There’s rumors we are getting out soon and he’s nervous to see people for the first time.

As you can see the bleed is very large and is right over the speech center of his brain. He will continue therapies at home, his recovery is far from over. We are so proud of his hard work and determination. We should know by tomorrow what the new discharge date is.

Paxton spent the day in between therapy appointments with Brandon. His schedule is so busy but him and Brandon were able to hang out and even continued the ice cream tradition.

Bray and I spent the day at the Denver Zoo. The weather was great and we got to see a lot of the animals up and roaming around. I promised I would take Pax when we come back for one of our many follow up visits.



Hopefully Brandon and Bray will be able to fly out tomorrow without too many delays or complications. Pax has another full day of therapies plus our meeting with his team to discuss coming home. We will keep you posted. 

Thanks for the continued love, support, and prayers. We are so grateful for all the kindness.

Janell

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paxton’s First Health Update

 I’m hoping to use this page for anyone who want to track Paxton’s health progress. I am not great about getting back to everyone’s calls and texts, but I appreciate them more than I can tell you. On Monday, November 29, Paxton came home from school looking and feeling great. Within a half hour of being home he started to panic because he couldn’t talk. I instantly noticed the right side of his body starting to give out. We immediately called 911 and were taken to the ER where he was evaluated by the stroke team. He was diagnosed with a large brain bleed on the left side. We were med flighted to Denver and taken to the PICU. Thankfully, he remained conscious and breathing on his own.  Many (and I mean a lot) of doctors and specialists examined him and ran multiple tests. All we know is that he had a stroke (from the bleed) and it is centered over the part of his brain that produces speech. Yesterday, we were cleared to leave the PICU and were transferred to the in-patient reha...

Deep Breaths

 We got all the pre op testing and appointments done. We check in at 5:30 AM and surgery starts at 7:30. They expect the procedure to take 8-9 hours. A nurse from the OR should call us about every hour with updates. He will end up with a titanium plate and screws and a decent incision. He was excited to hear that he will have titanium in his body (he apparently knows a lot about it and educated me). After all his appointments, we went to the zoo. It was a gorgeous day and we wanted the fresh air. Brandon is having plane problems and still isn’t here. Fingers crossed he will get to Denver around 11 tonight. It’s been a long day for him, too. Bray got a surprise care package from Kacie, Daniel, Amanda, Milty, Mike, and Lindsey. He also got to hang out with some of his favorite pups while hanging with Kacie. Tonight he will most likely stay up too late watching movies with Uncle Kevin. Thanks to literally all of you. So many people have reached out and we are so lucky to have all of y...

Making Progress

 About 15 minutes ago I was on the phone with my cousin Amanda, and Pax started to get excited and showed me he could lift the upper part of his arm! He was trying so hatrd, his teeth were clenched and his face was red but he did it! He also got to say “hi” and “I love you” to his cousins Eva and Nellie. His day started off with another migraine, but we were able to get it under control by 10:30. He then got his feeding tube out. 🎉 He’s on a 3 day strict calorie count and if he can get enough calories and fluid in, we can keep it out. I caught him taking selfies with his ipad after it was removed. So exciting. After working so hard at therapy, we went for our daily ice cream. This definitely helps with the calories!  Paxton receive care packages from his friend, Ethan and his family, his friend Cooper, The Menascos, and his grandparents. He is definitely feeling loved. I was able to get out and walk today. The wind was freezing but the fresh air felt good. I’m so grateful to ...