Skip to main content

Busy Sunday

 I just want to start out by thanking everyone who has called, text,  private messaged, donated, commented, and prayed. We are seriously overwhelmed (in a good way) by the support we have received from friends, family, neighbors, and strangers. It made me realize there’s still a lot of good in people even though we are living in crazy times.

Pax had a pretty good day. We started out early with PT this morning. He got to go to the therapy gym for the first time. They have tons of amazing equipment. Today’s therapy was a game of Jenga with dad. This helped his core strength and using his arm. Dad won, but we are all pretty confident he cheated.

After PT we did feeding therapy. Paxton was able to eat 2 veggie straws, up from 1 goldfish yesterday. He was able to swallow a little water as well. The therapist gave us permission to try ice cream! There is a little gelato shop in the lobby of the hospital. We loaded him up in his wheelchair and went on an ice cream run. He got hazelnut flavor and LOVED it. He probably ate 4 spoonfuls which is significantly more than he’s eaten up to this point. 

Paxton also got to take his first shower today. It’s a learning curve for both of us, but I’m sure with time we will have down to a science.

Bray and Pax were able to play Roblox together today online. Pax smiled the entire time, and Bray was so sweet and patient with him.

Sounds like the real work starts tomorrow. They have a pretty rigorous therapy schedule during the week. We are excited to get going on it all.

We snuggled in his bed and watched some TV this evening.  We were both exhausted. He got his IV out, which is a huge step in the right direction. Pax gets frustrated but still laughs when I’m guessing what he’s trying to tell me and I’m way off base. He’s still the sweetest boy ever. I’m so proud of him and want nothing more than to take away his pain and frustration. He is my hero.

Love to you all.

Janell 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paxton’s First Health Update

 I’m hoping to use this page for anyone who want to track Paxton’s health progress. I am not great about getting back to everyone’s calls and texts, but I appreciate them more than I can tell you. On Monday, November 29, Paxton came home from school looking and feeling great. Within a half hour of being home he started to panic because he couldn’t talk. I instantly noticed the right side of his body starting to give out. We immediately called 911 and were taken to the ER where he was evaluated by the stroke team. He was diagnosed with a large brain bleed on the left side. We were med flighted to Denver and taken to the PICU. Thankfully, he remained conscious and breathing on his own.  Many (and I mean a lot) of doctors and specialists examined him and ran multiple tests. All we know is that he had a stroke (from the bleed) and it is centered over the part of his brain that produces speech. Yesterday, we were cleared to leave the PICU and were transferred to the in-patient reha...

Deep Breaths

 We got all the pre op testing and appointments done. We check in at 5:30 AM and surgery starts at 7:30. They expect the procedure to take 8-9 hours. A nurse from the OR should call us about every hour with updates. He will end up with a titanium plate and screws and a decent incision. He was excited to hear that he will have titanium in his body (he apparently knows a lot about it and educated me). After all his appointments, we went to the zoo. It was a gorgeous day and we wanted the fresh air. Brandon is having plane problems and still isn’t here. Fingers crossed he will get to Denver around 11 tonight. It’s been a long day for him, too. Bray got a surprise care package from Kacie, Daniel, Amanda, Milty, Mike, and Lindsey. He also got to hang out with some of his favorite pups while hanging with Kacie. Tonight he will most likely stay up too late watching movies with Uncle Kevin. Thanks to literally all of you. So many people have reached out and we are so lucky to have all of y...

Making Progress

 About 15 minutes ago I was on the phone with my cousin Amanda, and Pax started to get excited and showed me he could lift the upper part of his arm! He was trying so hatrd, his teeth were clenched and his face was red but he did it! He also got to say “hi” and “I love you” to his cousins Eva and Nellie. His day started off with another migraine, but we were able to get it under control by 10:30. He then got his feeding tube out. 🎉 He’s on a 3 day strict calorie count and if he can get enough calories and fluid in, we can keep it out. I caught him taking selfies with his ipad after it was removed. So exciting. After working so hard at therapy, we went for our daily ice cream. This definitely helps with the calories!  Paxton receive care packages from his friend, Ethan and his family, his friend Cooper, The Menascos, and his grandparents. He is definitely feeling loved. I was able to get out and walk today. The wind was freezing but the fresh air felt good. I’m so grateful to ...