Skip to main content

Headway

 Braylon’s surgery went well. We won’t know if it’s successful for a while. Fingers crossed. He’s feeling good, not much pain, just tired. Hopefully he will be alert enough to do some homework. I’m not telling him that though so there’s no exaggeration of symptoms! 😂

We were able to get ahold of the speech therapist in Bozeman that’s willing to treat Pax virtually 2 times a week. We just need to go for an initial evaluation in person next week. We are going to spend the night at my cousin (The Menasco’s) house. I don’t know if he’s more excited or if I am. I will try to keep my crying to a minimum. We’ve missed them so much and they are a huge part of our support system not only now, but before the stroke.

Pax had a neurology appointment yesterday. We are going to try a preventative medication for his migraines. Our options are fairly limited with the unknown etiology of his stroke. He has a quick MRI scan on Saturday to see if enough blood has absorbed for Denver to get good images in a few weeks. The scan here isn’t super detailed but if they see something emergent they will get us to Denver sooner.

I was able to sell my car today. It was pretty high off the ground and not super easy for Pax to get in and out of. Also, the gas mileage was terrible and we literally drive all over Billings every day for appointments. 

We are doing ok. I know my last post exposed some of my struggles and anxieties. I really do try to find the positives every day, but I also have the human emotion component that takes over sometimes. Thank you to everyone who reached out to me. I love you all.

Janell


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deep Breaths

 We got all the pre op testing and appointments done. We check in at 5:30 AM and surgery starts at 7:30. They expect the procedure to take 8-9 hours. A nurse from the OR should call us about every hour with updates. He will end up with a titanium plate and screws and a decent incision. He was excited to hear that he will have titanium in his body (he apparently knows a lot about it and educated me). After all his appointments, we went to the zoo. It was a gorgeous day and we wanted the fresh air. Brandon is having plane problems and still isn’t here. Fingers crossed he will get to Denver around 11 tonight. It’s been a long day for him, too. Bray got a surprise care package from Kacie, Daniel, Amanda, Milty, Mike, and Lindsey. He also got to hang out with some of his favorite pups while hanging with Kacie. Tonight he will most likely stay up too late watching movies with Uncle Kevin. Thanks to literally all of you. So many people have reached out and we are so lucky to have all of y...

Making Progress

 About 15 minutes ago I was on the phone with my cousin Amanda, and Pax started to get excited and showed me he could lift the upper part of his arm! He was trying so hatrd, his teeth were clenched and his face was red but he did it! He also got to say “hi” and “I love you” to his cousins Eva and Nellie. His day started off with another migraine, but we were able to get it under control by 10:30. He then got his feeding tube out. 🎉 He’s on a 3 day strict calorie count and if he can get enough calories and fluid in, we can keep it out. I caught him taking selfies with his ipad after it was removed. So exciting. After working so hard at therapy, we went for our daily ice cream. This definitely helps with the calories!  Paxton receive care packages from his friend, Ethan and his family, his friend Cooper, The Menascos, and his grandparents. He is definitely feeling loved. I was able to get out and walk today. The wind was freezing but the fresh air felt good. I’m so grateful to ...

Bittersweet Goodbyes

 Well, we made it through the last day of therapies and coordinating home treatments. It was really hard to say goodbye to everyone who helped Paxton not only survive, but progress so quickly. We shared a few tears with a few of the therapists and nurses today. My dad and Krissi made my life so much easier today. They got us boxes and a few things I needed to travel home. Krissi and I packed up all our stuff and they took it to be shipped to us. We were then able to have our last ice cream date (until next month).  Pax had a lot of final evaluations at all therapies today getting ready to transition to outpatient work. He is exhausted but so ready to go home. I am slightly nervous about getting home tomorrow because there is a winter storm coming into Denver and we are already getting warnings of possible delays and cancellations. All we want to do is get home.  We will continue to keep everyone updated on progress and the results of future appointments. Today it sounded ...